What to Ask Your Agent?
No matter whom you choose to list your home, there are some critical questions that you owe it to yourself to ask before you sign a listing agreement.
Below is a list of the questions that we feel are crucial to ensure that you select an agent who is qualified to assist you in your home-selling journey:
- Are you a full-time or part-time agent?
- What is the average number of days your listings are on the market before selling?
- Do you have a team to help with the details, or do you do it all yourself?
- How many sellers and buyers are you currently representing?
- How many potential buyers and sellers do you talk within a week? A month? Of those you speak with, how many actually contact you as opposed to cold calling?
- How many homes did you sell last year?
- What is your Internet marketing program?
- What is your policy on responding to phone calls/emails/text messages?
- How much of your business is generated by referrals?
- How do you attract buyers from outside the local area?
- Do you have a toll-free hotline so that my home is marketed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
- Do you have references that I may call?
- What happens if I am not happy with your service? Do you have a 100% satisfaction guarantee policy? Can I cancel my listing if I am not satisfied or am I locked in?